International Symposium on Underwater Technology
March 6-9, 2023 In Person Meeting (with webinar option)
Submission is Now Closed
CALL FOR PAPERS
UT23 invites the researchers and engineers from universities, research institutions, and industries from around the world for their contributions.
• Special Topic: Remote Observation and Cloud Computing
• Acoustics and Communications
• Environmental Monitoring
• Fishery Engineering
• Marine Construction
• Marine Mineral Resources
• Marine Robotics
• Observatory and Disaster Mitigation
• Renewable Energy
Abstracts will be accepted for engaging and cutting-edge technical papers. Once the submission window closes, the top abstracts will be chosen and those authors will be invited to submit a full paper.
There are the following categories:
1. Regular Technical Program: Technical papers are the core of the UT technical program. An abstract is submitted, and if selected, you are required to write a paper per instructions for publication in IEEE Xplore. Further, to achieve publication, you or one of your listed co-authors are required to give a live presentation during the symposium (on-site or virtual).
2. Student Poster Competition: Students may submit abstracts to the Student Poster Competition. If an abstract is chosen, the student will then submit a full paper and poster which will be presented during the symposium (virtual only). Following the symposium, the paper will then be published in IEEE Xplore. The student will also submit a short video related to the poster (max. 3 minutes), which will be open to the participants during the symposium. The best video will be awarded as well as the best poster. This competition is open to any full-time student in an accredited program. The student must be listed as the lead and corresponding author. Selected applicants, based on abstract reviews, will have registration expenses subsidized. Those abstracts which are accepted into the regular technical program, but are not selected for the SPC, will be invited to submit a paper presentation to a Technical Session in one of the regular conference tracks.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- All abstracts must be submitted in A4-size page in PDF format, and must be created by the author (co-authors are allowed).
- 500 word minimum; 1000 word maximum; 2 page maximum – inclusive of text, graphics, and references.
- Please include at the top of the abstract the name of the principal author, the institute or affiliation the paper represents, and the title of the paper.
- The originally-submitted abstract cannot be used as a substitute for the paper. Please note that abstract PDFs do not need to be converted through the IEEE Xplore PDF eXpress service.
- Authors of accepted papers are required to prepare and submit the paper (4 to 10 pages) for symposium proceedings. Template: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html All papers presented at the symposium and included in the proceedings will be published on IEEE Xplore©.
Notes on paper submission and conference registration
1. Up to three papers per registration is permitted.
2. As a general rule, the lead author is expected to register and present the paper on-site, however co-authors may present the paper if they have registered to participate.
3. In the case of remote participation, only the registered author (whether the lead or co-author) will be notified of the video upload process.
Abstract Submission Deadline EXTENDED: Friday, September 30, 2022
Submission is Now Closed.